Networker

Re: [Networker] Marking files for recovery on NetWare client

2002-12-09 02:44:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Marking files for recovery on NetWare client
From: Stefan Bartels <stefan.bartels AT HAMBURG-MANNHEIMER DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 02:45:09 -0500
Hi,

yes you are rigth, the mark takes his time, depends on how much files you
have in that directory.
I think Legato is thinkimg NetWare is dead like everybody does. But
NetWare still lives for a long time and will stay alive for a long time.
When you see that the version of the client is a 4.x version, but on the
server we got a 6.x version you see that they spend not much power to
invent new backuptechnologies for NetWare.
I have told Legato that we have many NetWare clients and we need new
features, like multi processor support for the client, faster browsing,...
and they give me the hope that next year a new client for NetWare will
come.
Lets see and wait.

Have a nice day
Stefan