Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape libraries

2002-12-06 14:30:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape libraries
From: "Lewis, Terry {Info~Palo Alto}" <TERRY.LEWIS AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:28:43 -0800
Teresa,

  A.  I'd recommend an ADIC Scalar library.  The 2 I have work for me great and
give me no problems.

  B.  My experience with AIT drives and media has been very favorable.  In 3
years, the only real problem
       I've had has been a case of having a cartridge so stuck that the drive
had to be replaced.

  C.  If AIT is your media of choice, I suggest you also look at SpectraLogic's
Gator library.  Its small
       footprint and its modular manageability make it a really competitive
offering, and your local sales
       rep should be able to make it financially appealing as well.  If I
didn't already have the Scalar libraries
       and the prospect of an additional Autochanger license to deal with, I
might be a Gator user myself.

Terry