Networker

[Networker] Exchange questions

2002-12-06 13:55:17
Subject: [Networker] Exchange questions
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 13:50:58 -0500
Hi all,

We're working on designing an Exchange environment (Exchange 2000).
Currently it looks like we'll be using an EMC Symmetrix for storage.
We've been working on different backup scenarios and I'm looking for
some feedback:

o How are people doing Exchange backups?
o Does anyone have experience with using EMC's Timefinder and BCVs for
Exchange backups?
o If you're using Networker Exchange module, do you see a large
performance hit on the server during backups?
o Does the Exchange module impact the performance of restores?
o How quickly can you restore a user's mailbox?  How about a whole
server?

Thanks.
Teresa