Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape Compression defined

2002-12-04 11:04:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape Compression defined
From: "Ballinger, John M" <john.ballinger AT PNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:03:43 -0800
Thanks Terry

I still don't see any problems with my numbers (although one could argue
that the tape drive is writing data to tape at 6MB/s always (assuming you
have a fast enough source such that whatever compression is done to the data
stream there is sufficient data so that after compression there's still
6MB/s left).

John