Networker

Re: [Networker] Exclusive local directives?

2002-11-26 11:56:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Exclusive local directives?
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT CS.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:56:32 -0600
On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 10:07:06AM -0500, Stan Horwitz wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Dave Mussulman wrote:
> > Is there a way to do it the opposite way?  For example, I have a client
> > where I only want one directory tree backed up.  How do I write the
> > directive file so that everything is blocked except that directory?  Is
> > it like a procmail recipe where I can list a specific rule (back this
> > directory up) before listing a broader rule (don't back up anything) and
> > have it work?  Something like:
>
> Why not just edit the entry for that particular client and replace "All"
> with the specific item you want to back up?

I'm trying to give the control of what to backup (and what not to
backup) to my clients.  While keeping the client configuration broad and
"safe" on the server side, if they don't do anything, everything will be
backed up.  But if they only want to backup one directory, or if they
want to backup everything but one directory, they can do so with local
directives.  I know how to do the second case, but I'm not as clear how
to do the first.

Dave