Networker

Re: [Networker] NT Cluster License issue

2002-11-26 09:47:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] NT Cluster License issue
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:49:03 +0100
The internal product numbers that legato uses for its cluster licenses
between

5.5 and 6.x differ you need the correct licenses as of version 6.

I would talk to your vendor or Legato about a trade in for the old
licenses to the new ones.

We do not have Power edition and 1 NT cluster with 2 Nodes ,
we bought 2 NT cluster licenses for version 6 (not the old ones for
version 5)

Hope this helps,

maarten

Chris Adkisson wrote:

> I did a search in the archives and found a similar problem, but I wanted to
> throw this out to see if anyone knows about this.
>
> We upgraded a Networker 5.5.5 server to 6.1.2 a week and a half ago.
> Immediately upon upgrading, I started recieving the following message:
>
> nsrd: RAP error: there are more NT cluster clients connected than
> number of NT cluster licenses.
>
> Legato says I have to upgrade to the Power Edition with the included NT
> Cluster licenses (I have the Power Edition for UNIX).  Again, I did not
> have this problem until the upgrade.
>
> Here's a snippet from nsrlic:
>
>     NT CLUSTER CLIENT LICENSES
>                      Available: 0
>                           Used: 2
>                      Remaining: 0
>              Connected Clients: ;
>
>   UNIX CLUSTER CLIENT LICENSES
>                      Available: 2
>                           Used: 0
>                      Remaining: 2
>              Connected Clients: ;
>
> Anyone see this?  Another thread suggested a reboot of the Cluster nodes
> cleared up the problem but the error message was a bit different than mine.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.
>
> Chris Adkisson
> E4500
> L700
> Solaris 7
> 20 X DLT7000
> 300 clients
> 6TB/week
>
> --
> Note: To sign off this list, send a "signoff" command via email

Maarten.Boot _at_ nl.compuware.com

One of the problems with Java is that they swept a bit too much
of the innate complexity of life under the carpet of the libraries.
And so now they've had to replace the carpets several times.
(Larry
Wall,http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/09/06/1343222)