Networker

[Networker] Exclusive local directives?

2002-11-25 17:15:34
Subject: [Networker] Exclusive local directives?
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT CS.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:15:32 -0600
I'd like to make the policy on my server that all clients have a Save
set definition of 'All'.  If a particular machine wishes to only have
certain drives/mounts backed up, they can use local directive files to
skip those directories.  That's how things currently are... users can
block the directories they do not wish backed up.

Is there a way to do it the opposite way?  For example, I have a client
where I only want one directory tree backed up.  How do I write the
directive file so that everything is blocked except that directory?  Is
it like a procmail recipe where I can list a specific rule (back this
directory up) before listing a broader rule (don't back up anything) and
have it work?  Something like:

<< /mounts/disks/1 >>
  +something: .
  +something: *.*