Networker

Re: [Networker] RedHat 8.0 and 6.1.2 client

2002-11-20 10:59:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] RedHat 8.0 and 6.1.2 client
From: Riaan van Niekerk <riaanvn AT PUKNET.PUK.AC DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:58:53 +0200
>Anyone installed legato networkler client on RedHat-8.0 yet? (version
>6.1.2)
>
>I seem to be unable to install it due to strange errors during the
rpm
>installation process
>It seems RH7.x is no longer compatible with RH8.0 in that area.
>
>any workaround or is it just a wait till 6.1.3 will be out ?

when trying to install lgtoclnt 6.12 on RH 8.0, it fails with something
similar to:

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.29627: line 1: /lib/nsr/poin.cln: No such file or
directory
error: %post(lgtoclnt-6.1.2-1) scriptlet failed, exit status 127

Solution
create a symbolic link as follows:

ln -s /usr/lib/nsr /lib/nsr

or for those who prefer relative symlinks:

cd /lib ; ln -s ../usr/lib/nsr

this does not make any sense (AFAIK) since 6.x and 7.x do not have a
/lib/nsr, but something in 8.0 has changed (perhaps a libpath or
something in RPM?) which makes the client post installation script want
to install to and execute from  /lib/nsr rather than /usr/lib/nsr

I have been running RH 8.0 as a server and client in our backup
development environment for the past 1.5 months, the above problem being
the only issue I have encountered

greetings

Riaan van Niekerk
Unix-stelseladministrateur
B.Juris, B.A., RHCE, IBM Certified AIX Sysadmin
ITB Netwerke en Infrastruktuur
Potchefstroomse Universiteit
Tel : (018) 299 2147
Fax: (018) 293 5299

 /"\
 \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - NO HTML EMAIL!
  X  PLEASE QUOTE ONLY RELEVANT PARTS OF THIS MESSAGE.
 / \ DON'T QUOTE THIS SIGNATURE!

Hierdie boodskap (en aanhangsels) is onderhewig aan beperkings en 'n
vrywaringsklousule. Volledige besonderhede beskikbaar by
http://www.puk.ac.za/itb/e-pos/disclaimer.html , of by
itbsekr AT puknet.puk.ac DOT za

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a
disclaimer. Please refer to
http://www.puk.ac.za/itb/e-pos/disclaimer.html for full details, or at
itbsekr AT puknet.puk.ac DOT za