Networker

[Networker] Unix to Windows migration.

2002-11-20 07:26:34
Subject: [Networker] Unix to Windows migration.
From: Shuja Mirza <smirza AT LEGATO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:46:05 +0530
Dear all,

I have a customer who wants to migrate form Unix Tru64 to Windows. He wants
to shift his backup server now to windows.

Is there a procedure to do the same preserving all the older media DB and

Can i advice him to run that paralelly so that he can migrate in coming
times to windows completely/ How do we manage the licensing if he just has
to surrender the license on his Unix server. Can he use his Unix server for
restores only after that? if he can then for how much time?

any suggestions please advice.

rgds

Shuja Mirza
Legato Systems India
E-Mail : smirza AT legato DOT com
Hand Phone: 91 - 9810505230
Office DID: 91 - 11 - 6207358
www.legato.com

"New technologies are not recognised till new products solve real problems,
Lets Stay Ahead!"