Networker

[Networker] nsrndmp_recover using a named snapshot

2002-10-31 16:41:24
Subject: [Networker] nsrndmp_recover using a named snapshot
From: Joel Krajden <joelk AT CS.CONCORDIA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:41:19 -0500
I posted a question about this 2 weeks ago and got nary a nibble.

I thought if I simplified the question I might trigger a bite.

Networker 6.1.2, Ontap 6.21

I create a snapshot "mysql" on one of my netapp volumes and I use nsrndmp_save
to backup a qtree from the name snapshot area with the command:
nsrndmp_save -T dump -c NAPP -l full -g NetApp /vol/vol2/.snapshot/mysql/biodb

Does anyone know how do I recover this qtree with nsrndmp_recover to the filer
using the saveset /vol/vol2/.snapshot/mysql/biodb.

Using the filer's recover command, it is no problem to redirect the dump of
the snapshot to the active filesystem, but using nsrndmp_recover in its
current iteration offers me no such possibility and you cannot recover to the
snapshot area.

I can't be the only person with this issue. NetApp has not provided any
information and Legato is asking me to open a support call. I am using
Solstice Backup and I know the answers if any will be slow in coming.

Joel

--
| Joel Krajden              | Room: LB-915,  Tel: 848-3052  Fax 848-2830  |
| Senior Systems Analyst    | Email: joelk AT cs.concordia DOT ca

| Dept. of Computer Science | http://www.cs.concordia.ca/~staffcs/joelk   |
| Concordia University      |   Remember it's a circus and the clowns     |
| Montreal, Canada          |   are supposed to make you laugh, not cry.  |