Networker

Re: [Networker] recover command versus nwrecover GUI

2002-10-30 11:09:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] recover command versus nwrecover GUI
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:09:46 -0500
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Deb wrote:

> Please forgive my ignorance, but could someone show a scenario to
> explain this recovery method more fully - That is, what would be the
> best way to obtain the SSID for a saveset done in the past?  Use the
> media index?  mminfo query?

One can certainly use the mminfo utility, but that always struck me
as overly difficult. I find it much easier to open up the nwadmin
Windows on a Windows machine and click on the indexes tab, then
open up the index entry details for the client in question. Even
if you run your NetWorker server under Unix, you can still set up
a Windows machine to administer it. Much as I hate Windows, the nwadmin
interface there is easier to use then its Unix counterpart, but even
in the Unix nwadmin GUI, its fairly easy to get ssid info.