Networker

[Networker] recover command versus nwrecover GUI

2002-10-30 04:07:43
Subject: [Networker] recover command versus nwrecover GUI
From: Michel De Rouck <michel.de-rouck AT STERIA DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:57:43 -0500
I discovered the following problem with Networker version 6.1.1 on AIX.
I am trying to recover files in a disaster recovery scenario from one server to
another.
My backup schedule is Full on Friday , incremental on the other days.

The layout of my filesystems (= save sets ) is :

/export
/informix
/users/appli
/users/appl/POOL
/users/appli/PATH
/users/appli/log
/backup

I use the following command to restore my files :
recover -iY -R serv1 -c serv2 -s serv1
recover> add /export
recover> recover

This works fine for all filesystems , except /users/appli where if I recover ,
Networker asks for the tape that is the Full before
the last Full in stead of the last Full. And this only for this filesystem not
for the others.
Allthough using the command volumes on the recover prompt it shows the volumes
of the last Full and the incrementals
after the last Full .... which is correct.
If I recover via the GUI nwrecover it recoveres the files of /users/appli as it
should ,thus with the last Full tape ...

Anyone an idea ? Is this a bug ?

Michel De Rouck
michel.de-rouck AT steria DOT be