Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato on Mac OS X

2002-10-29 07:21:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato on Mac OS X
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 07:21:27 -0500
On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Craig Ghareeb wrote:

> Really?  I've never heard ANY rumbling of a Mac OS X client (alpha,
> beta, or otherwise) existing for Networker.  Reliable or not, I'd be
> interested trying to run such a thing.
>
> Any idea when/where it was available?  Anyone else ever had such a
> thing?

A Networker client for Mac OS 9 and earlier used to exist. As I recall, it
went the way of the do-do bird when Legato came out with NetWorker 6.0.
There was quite a bit of discusson on this list regarding the Mac client a
while ago. Check the archives if you are curious, the old postings might
still be there.