Networker

[Networker] jbconfig - SAN

2002-10-23 18:43:23
Subject: [Networker] jbconfig - SAN
From: "Ballinger, John M" <john.ballinger AT PNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:43:07 -0700
Can I run jbconfig on a NetWorker Server and specify a storage node system
and device path where the storage node system is powered off but is in DNS ?
This would allow us to run jbconfig once where we don't have all the storage
nodes up but they are in DNS ok.

What I'm trying to get at is the following:
        NetWorker server and it's storage nodes all on the SAN and DDS
working fine.
        Then I want to run jbconfig again to rebuild the library config
again (knowing what the new hostname will be and with it in DNS but not
powered up)
        and specify the not yet existing storage node device/path for
sharing the DDS drives.

        I know you can create a new storage node device without the storage
node up - but it has to be in DNS.

thanks - John