Networker

Re: [Networker] Scripts

2002-10-23 16:59:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Scripts
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:59:37 -0400
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Kevin Armijo wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Does anyone have scripts or sources of scripts to help me figure out how
> to run full backups every night.  There is no way by using the GUI
> interface.

I don't understand your comment about using the GUI to do this because it
does have that capability. So does its text-based version, nsradmin.
Scripting this should be easy enough. You just need to issue the "savegrp"
command from your script and ue the option "-l full" but specific details
depend on the OS your backup server runs on and the scripting language you
prefer to use.