Networker

Re: [Networker] Recovery Manager Solaris 8

2002-10-23 13:57:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recovery Manager Solaris 8
From: pt_work <kizzmit66 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:57:48 -0400
Antonio,

I seem to recall the same issue when I installed, and I put in a different
CD than the install CD, I think it was Disk 1 of 2 for Software
Installation or something like that.  Unfortunately, I don't have the
installation package handy so I can't tell you which one, but I suggest
trying one of the other CD's.

Incidentally, you will also run into another issue, so perhaps I can save
you a little frustration.

The installation script for NRM Unix does not handle the swapping of cds.
Specically, I am referring to running nrmsetup as discussed on page 20 of
the Installation guide. When setting up the boot server, you are prompted
to switch CD's several times.  I was unable to eject the CD using the front
button on the cd player. Typing eject from another terminal window did not
work, however, eject -f did work and I was able to proceed.  This
workaround did not work for the last cd swap however.  When the program was
finished with the NetWorker CD and asked for the NRM CD, neither the
button, nor eject or eject -f worked.  The message was the device was busy.
No other windows were open, nor was the file manager.  I did not want to
break out of the script and be left in an unknown state, but there was no
other option.  The only workaround that I am aware of is to preload your
NRM packages onto a hard drive so you can point there instead of having to
do the last CD swap.  The packages are small.
Legato has opened a bug on this.

Good luck!
pt