Networker

Re: [Networker] Bootstrap Saves

2002-10-22 11:50:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bootstrap Saves
From: Roberta Butcher <rbutcher AT LLNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:49:15 -0700
Thanks, but this still would not solve the problem of all my
bootstraps going on 1 tape until that tape fills up ...

At 11:57 PM -0700 10/17/02, han wrote:
--- Roberta Butcher <rbutcher AT LLNL DOT GOV> wrote:
 Is there a way to make the bootstrap save to
 different tapes in a
 pool or to different pools on a daily basis? I am
 running Legato
 6.1.1, so the bootstrap is saved with level "full".
 For the client
 saves, I just use pools based on "level" to
 alternate my tape usage.
 Currently, on my smaller servers, the bootstrap will
 save to the same
 tape for up to a month or more. I'd like to do this
 without writing a
 script if possible. Thanks ...

Hi Roberta,

Just create a pool (e.g bootstrap) with Bootstrap as
the criteria in the Save Set field.
Check Networker admin guide, it is explained very well
there.

cheers - han