Networker

[Networker] Summary: Client always saves as level full

2002-10-17 16:17:32
Subject: [Networker] Summary: Client always saves as level full
From: Kent Holloway <kent.holloway AT ONVOY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:21:36 -0500
This is the summary of what steps I took to resolve the above mentioned
issue.

1) Shutdown networker and ran 'nsrck -F'
2) Client machine believed it was 2 different FQDN names, fixed in
network control panel.
3) DNS for client name had correct forward but wrong reverse, fixed in
DNS.
4) Removed extra and now wrong alias entry in the client setup on the
server.

After the above 4 items had been completed I tested the client again and
it is now properly saving at other levels and is no longer complaining
about the 'No save sets with this name were found' message..

Thanks to all who offered suggestions,

Brendan Sandes
Philippe Lamare
Terry Lemons