Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with a Windows NT server backup

2002-10-14 14:14:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with a Windows NT server backup
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:14:02 +0200
Stan,

My experience with such error is always LAN related.
Last time I saw it, although LAN Guys didn't find anything,
having the lan traffic going from Cisco (nsr server side 100MbFD)
to Nortel (client and Storage node 1Gbit) equipment
caused the error. Moving both of them to Nortel solved
the problem, I believe to be a kind of flow control problem.

HTH,

Thierry

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

Storage & Server Integration Practice
Tru64 Unix and Legato EBS Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *******    p      *******
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85 ***
CHANGED ***
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email :    thierry.faidherbe AT hp DOT com
                             Internet : http://www.hp.com/
_____

MOBISTAR SA/NV

SYSTEM Team Charleroi, Mermoz 2 Phone : +32 (0)2  / 745.75.81
Avenue Jean Mermoz, 32          Fax :   +32 (0)2  / 745.89.56
6041 GOSSELIES                  Email : tfhaidhe AT mail.mobistar DOT be
BELGIUM                         Web :   http://www.mobistar.be/
_____