Networker

Re: [Networker] Licensing problems with library

2002-10-09 17:16:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Licensing problems with library
From: "Martin J. Dellwo" <dellwo AT 3DP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 17:15:41 -0400
I'm not sure I can solve your problem.   I can verify that you do want
to set the ATL to do automatic cleaning, but not Legato.  With one
'20-slot+1' jukebox, if you set the ATL (at the frontpanel) to do
autocleaning, than recreate the jukebox fresh in Legato, it only sees
the 20 standard slots.  You do *not* tell Legato (via jbconfig) to do
automatic cleaning, only the ATL hardware.

If you are unable to do the same on the frontpanel of the second
extension ATL, I don't know anything else to help you.  Seems to me,
however, you should be able to turn on automatic cleaning via the LCD
frontpanel just like on the first, but I've never seen the stacking
configuration you describe.  Maybe you need one drive in each box
instead of both drives in one box.

If you told Networker that you wanted automatic cleaning when you
created the jukebox with jbconfig but did *not* turn it on via the ATL
frontpanel, then that could be your problem...

I have a new library, a M1500 with a M1500 as an extension. So what I
bought is a 40 Slot Library with 2 SDLT drives.
Additinaly I bought a 40 slots license from legato. But that doesn´t work.
Every M1500 has a fixed slot that is not in any magazine it is fix in the
library. So the NetWorker thinks the library has 42 slots.
A nsrjb -Vv shows that the Library reports 42 slots.
When I am searching for that Library on the compability list I see that it
is supported.
My distributer told me that there is no 42 slots license available.
Then I configured one cleaning slot at one M1500 an the nsrjb -vV reports
41 slots.
On the other M1500 extension I can´t configure a cleaning slot because the
two drives are in one M1500. The technicion who installed me that library
told me that there is no other option to install.
Anybody had this problem before?

TIA
Stefan

--
Martin J. Dellwo   (610) 458-5264 x6512   dellwo AT 3dp DOT com
Systems Administrator, 3-Dimensional Pharmaceuticals, Inc.