Networker

[Networker] Block size change?

2002-10-07 20:50:46
Subject: [Networker] Block size change?
From: "Willeat, Todd" <TWilleat AT MHP.SMHS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 19:48:20 -0500
Hi all,

I have a question about setting the block size and didn't see this when I
searched the archives...

We have one server and one storage node (both 6.1.1 running on Win2K).
Currently, both machine are configured to allow 96K blocks. Each machine has
an Exabyte library with Mammoth-2 drives connected to Adaptec SCSI cards.

My question is: Would it beneficial to change to a larger block size?
According to Exabyte, the M2 can handle up to a 240K block. Since NetWorker
requires the block size to be a multiple of 32K, this would leave me with a
maximum possible block size of 224K.

So, should I leave well enough alone, or should I make a change?

Thanks for any opinions!

               _______________________________________
              /            Todd A. Willeat            \
             |           UNIX Administrator            |
             |           Mercy Health Plans            |
             |        425 South Woods Mill Road        |
           _ |    Chesterfield, Missouri 63017-3492    | _
          / )|  (314) 214-2329 / (314) 214-8202 (fax)  |( \
         / / |         twilleat AT mhp.mercy DOT net          | \ \
       _( (_ |     http://www.mercyhealthplans.com/    | _) )_
      (((\ \> \/->___________<-=-=-=-=->___________<-\/ </ /)))
      (\\\\ \_/ /                                   \ \_/ ////)
       \       /                                     \       /

This e-mail contains information which (a) may be PROPRIETARY IN NATURE OR
OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only for the
use of the addressee (s) named above. If you are not the addressee, or the
person responsible for delivering this to the addressee (s), you are hereby
notified that reading, copying or distributing this e-mail is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender
immediately.