Networker

Re: [Networker] Send Savegroup Completion Report to a file

2002-10-02 16:22:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Send Savegroup Completion Report to a file
From: Chuck Davis <networker AT DMSS.ARMY DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:22:11 -0400
Since you are running unix, you can setup procmail to save the reports to
file.

Personally I don't like the savegroup completion report format too much as
it doesn't tell me the pool and vol info I need and I get annoyed with the
mixing of B/KB/MB/GB sizes.  My interest is what are my
daily/weekly/monthly results by client and save set - these values let me
see quickly what's going on w/ my clients and what my tape utilization is.
This info is in 2 places: /nsr/logs/messages and mminfo (syslog too?).  I
have perl scripts that will get the info out of either location although
mminfo is the prefered source.  I'll email you a copy if you are
interested...

Chuck Davis
Army Medical Surveillance Activity
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Washington DC

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:01:19 -0400, Glassman, Adam <adam.glassman AT ATTWS DOT

wrote:

>I would like to have my Savegroup Completion Reports saved to disk in text
>files in addition to receiving them as email.  I have seen people on this
>list describe using scripts to gather information about the reports and
they
>all seem to have the reports in files on the server, but I don't see any
way
>to do this in the Admin Guide or the archives of this list.  Ideally, each
>report would show up as a file with a name like "clientname.date".
Creating