Networker

[Networker] Backup of Win2k Terminal Services / Citrix Metaframe XP

2002-10-02 15:57:51
Subject: [Networker] Backup of Win2k Terminal Services / Citrix Metaframe XP
From: Jason Heller <jason.heller AT HARLEY-DAVIDSON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:57:25 -0400
Hi all,

I would like to backup my Citrix Metaframe XP servers (Citrix runs on top
of Terminal Services in Application Server mode).

I really don't have much for data on these boxes, but would like to keep
the OS/registry,etc. backed up for DR purposes.

Now, I've rebuilt the environment,and installed Networker from the early
stages - before the environment was tweaked.  I think it was working back
then (didn't try a backup, but I believe the service was running)

Now the service doesn't start (auto or manual) and the event log shows:
Event ID 7009
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the NetWorker Remote Exec Service
service to connect.

I've tried to install the Networker client on my various servers in the
past, and got misc. errors.  Usually, the .MSI fails when it gets confused
with my drive letter mappings.  That's why I installed it earlier in the
server build process recently - apparently with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason