Networker

[Networker] incremental backup size reporting

2002-09-25 19:39:30
Subject: [Networker] incremental backup size reporting
From: Jason Heller <jason.heller AT HARLEY-DAVIDSON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:39:30 -0400
Hello all,

I have a basic need, but I'm guessing will require a lot of work to get
accurate usable info.

I basically want to determine what my average daily incremental backup size
is, based on past backups.  The complex part about this is, I want to be
sure it is xB/day - so the report would need to filter out incrementals
that were not preceded by a successful backup the day before, otherwise,
the size would be inaccurate.  I'm sure there are other variables that
would need to be addressed too, like restricting the report to specific
savesets/clients as to not return inaccurate spikes when new
savesets/clients were added.

Does anyone have any recommendations for gathering such data?  I'm going to
look into both manual efforts and 3rd party tools/scripts (Bocada, etc.),
but thought maybe someone here has done this before.

Thanks for your input,
Jason