Networker

[Networker] SAP R/3 with Oracle

2002-09-25 18:20:19
Subject: [Networker] SAP R/3 with Oracle
From: Bruno Madeira <bmad AT CLIX DOT PT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 23:14:11 +0100
All,

I'm currently installing and customizing a SAP R/3 on TRU64 V5.1A
cluster with Oracle.

Following the admin guide to use brbackup from the command line works
fine.

When I want to use a NetWorker scheduled backup with nsrsapsv using the
same brbackup command in its config file the backup always fails with
the following message:

test:backint:DEV get_brlog: No such file or directory
test:backint:DEV Backup failed. Could not find log file

What does this means, why does it talk about a log file ?

I also noticed that the admin guide tells us to put the initxxx.utl on
$ORACLE_HOME/dbs, but this directory doesn?t exist so I putted the file
on $ORACLE_HOME. Can this generate any problem?

Best regards,

Bruno Madeira

TotalStor - Soluções de Armazenamento de Dados, S.A.
Grupo IPM
Bruno Madeira

Est. de Alfragide, Lote 107 - Ed. Mirante 2720-018 Amadora PORTUGAL
Phone : +351 214 724 090
Fax     : +351 214 724 099
mailto:bmadeira AT totalstor DOT com