Networker

Re: [Networker] Make clones recyclable without modifying originals ....

2002-09-20 01:36:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Make clones recyclable without modifying originals ....
From: "Heller, Jason" <Jason.Heller AT HARLEY-DAVIDSON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:36:23 -0500
Don't think it is possible.

If I remember correctly, Networker maintains only one saveset entry (savesetID)
for both the original saveset and all clones.
I'm hoping they change this, so that clones can have different browse/retention
policies than the originals, which would also solve your issue as well.

About the best you can do is to delete the volume containing the clones.  Test
this before you do it, but I'm fairly sure you can delete the clone volume, but
it won't affect the original savesets.  Then, the original volume will be
unknown to Networker and can be re-labeled for use.  I'm sure you could script
this somehow based on mminfo output of savetime, etc. (if all savesets on clone
tape X are older than Y, delete/relablel the volume).

-Jason-