Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows 2K Cluster backups extremely slow - 96 hrs for 130GB

2002-09-19 15:07:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows 2K Cluster backups extremely slow - 96 hrs for 130GB
From: "Fowler, Carter" <CFowler AT CITY.LONDON.ON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:06:56 -0400
I would have to agree in part with Itzik.  However, if you use the
nslookup command, you will most likely find that your reverse DNS is
where the problem is.  You do not have to use local hosts files within
your NT network so long as all DNS settings are correct on the server.
The only time you should have to use local hosts is if perhaps you are
running two nics both on separate networks for load balancing.

We encountered a very similar issue and by investigating / correcting
the reverse lookup values, our issue was resolved.

Good luck,

Carter Fowler
Hardware Service Technician
The City Of London