Networker

Re: [Networker] saveset Full dump query using mminfo or ???

2002-09-13 18:21:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] saveset Full dump query using mminfo or ???
From: "Chad R. Larson" <clarson AT ELDOCOMP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:21:14 -0700
I'm trying to find a fast, efficient way to quesry the networker database
and get a report of all savesets that have NOT had a full dump in the past
5 weeks.  I assume mminfo would give this to me, but I am having trouble
getting the query right. Does anyone have input on this?

I know the chance of this happening are zero (plus or minus 10%), but
wouldn't it be great if Legato used only ANSI SQL through an ODBC channel
to talk to its database?  And then published the schema?

Then, those of us so inspired could replace the database with one of our
own choosing, that perhaps we already had deployed and trained DBAs
for.  And we could write our own damn reports however we liked!

<rant_cause> This line of thinking started when I asked the support line
how I could merge the indices from an old server with the ones from a new
server and was told "You can't.  All you can do is run 'scanner' on each
tape you have."
Lesseee..  Four hours to scan a DLT IV, times 200 cartridges equals about a
half man year.  Nope, don't think so. </rant_cause>

        -crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)    chad AT eldocomp DOT com
  Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100