Networker

Re: [Networker] 6.1.2. or 6.2?

2002-09-13 12:45:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] 6.1.2. or 6.2?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:45:04 -0400
On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Jody Gregersen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to upgrade our Compaq ES40 Tru64 5.1 PK5 legato server from 6.1.1 to
> either 6.1.2 or 6.2.  Both of the later versions contain a bug fix for tapes
> that are at or beyond their expiration date not recycling automatically.
> Are there any pros/cons for either of the newer versions or has anyone
> upgraded to either one from 6.1.1 and if so, were there any gotchas?

I run a DS20 with Tru64 Unix 4.0f and I tried upgrading from 6.1.1 to
6.1.2 and the results were a disaster. There's some sort of bug in 6.1.2
that necessitated my downgrading back to 6.1.1. The bug caused nsrd
processes to spawn like there was no tomorrow. This caused our system's
swap space to drop to nil and nearly brought the server to a halt. Another
minor bug cropped up where random savegroup reports were emailed out in
duplicate. I still have a problem opened with Legato regarding both
issues.

I am definitely interested in 6.2, but I wasn't aware that it was
available for Tru64 Unix yet. This is something I need to investigate.