Networker

[Networker] Recover data written to tape from a savegrp that was aborted

2002-09-12 13:26:47
Subject: [Networker] Recover data written to tape from a savegrp that was aborted
From: Sean San Romani <seansks AT FSL.ORST DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:26:45 -0400
Dear NetWorkers...

Do you know if it is possible to use scanner to scan a tape volume to get
data written to the tape, from a savegrp that aborted?

Example... Several clients start backing up under savegrp A.  For whatever
reason, savegrp A aborts.

When the volume being written to is examined, the status of some clients
is "abort" while others are "brows."  However, it also indicates that 48
GB for one of the clients with the "abort" status was written to the tape.

I'd like to be able to examine the data that was written to the tape.

How can I do this?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-sean