Networker

[Networker] NetWorker on Netware 6.x with no IPX?

2002-09-05 17:07:20
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker on Netware 6.x with no IPX?
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:10:40 -0500
All-

Our Netware guys are bringing up some new Netware 6.0 SP2 boxes, and
hopefully we'll be able to migrate away from our rickety old Netware 4.11
machines soon.  The boxes will be NetWorker clients.  We're using
NetWorker 4.21 for Netware and a Tru64 UNIX 6.1.2 NetWorker server.

They would like to run Netware 6.x without IPX/SPX loaded.  They've tried
installing the NetWorker 4.21 client pack on one of the new Netware boxes,
but they get errors about missing symbols when trying to load the
NetWorker NLMs via `networkr.ncf'.  Some of the symbols are:

Loader cannot find public symbol: SAPAddFilter for module IPXS.NLM
                                : SAPSetControlAdaptor for module IPXS.NLM
                                : RIPSerControlAdaptor for module IPXS.NLM
                                : CIPXSetConfiguration for module IPXS.NLM

(there are more, that's just the snippet they sent to me).

They've been through Legato's TechDialog, and the only thing they could
find that was remotely on topic was for a 4.11 box that was having
problems with IPX/SPX, which isn't even close to the situation we have.

This leads to the questions:

1) Is it possible to run NetWorker 4.21 client on Netware 6.0 SP2 without
any IPX/SPX loaded on that box?

2) Is it supported, if it's possible?

3) What's the trick to getting it working, if #1 & #2 are "yes"?

Thanks!

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu