Networker

Re: [Networker] Posting questions for a friend on the SAP/Oracle BSM v2.1

2002-08-30 15:05:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Posting questions for a friend on the SAP/Oracle BSM v2.1
From: Joe Moore <Joe.Moore AT SDRC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:40:50 -0400
On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 10:00:17PM -0400, Crossman, Paul wrote:
> Here's what they'd like to know:
>
> *************************
> Is anyone using "Networker Module for SAP R/3 on Oracle" to backup SAP DB
> server filesystems?
> What method are you using to backup non-database files?
> Do you perform full OS backups sequentially with offline database backups
> (i.e., do you double-dip and get the database files twice)?
> How often are you performing full OS filesystem backups?
> How often are you performing full offline database backups?

Yes, we're using it on a Sun system.

We have a group that runs the OS backups, it has pre- and post- processing
steps that put .nsr files in each of the SAPDATA directories (so the oracle
tablespaces are not backed up twice), but picks up all the non-data parts.
Once/week, the preprocessing shuts down Oracle and removes the .nsr files
for a full cold.

Cron kicks of a brbackup process daily (haven't gotten around to moving to
using nsrsapsv.exe yet)

--Joe