Networker

Re: [Networker] 6.1.2 sends too many emails

2002-08-30 02:48:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] 6.1.2 sends too many emails
From: "Tarjei T. Jensen" <Tarjei.Jensen AT KVAERNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 07:23:51 +0100
Stan Horwitz wrote:
>Tarjei T. Jensen wrote:
>> I'm pretty certain that we will be looking at CommVault
>> Galaxy some time in
>> the not so distant future to see if it fits our needs. They
>> are supposed to
>> be really good on exchange. If they could get rid of the Microsoft
>> database, then it would be perfect.
>
> Hah! The Help Desk folks here at Temple use a package called
> Remedy with
> Oracle as the backend. I have no complaints about Oracle, but the user
> interface for Remedy is beyond bad in my opinion.

I use to say that there is no remedy for Remedy.

The problem with using a microsoft database is that it only runs on some
version of windows. Intel CPUs is said to lack error checking and correction
on internal buses. That makes the system less than wonderful for high
integrity systems. Anyway, I'm still not comfortable hosting a database on a
windows system.

greetings,