Networker

[Networker] Cloning - retetion problem

2002-08-27 09:05:07
Subject: [Networker] Cloning - retetion problem
From: Van Den Abeele Kristof <Kristof.VanDenAbeele AT NBB DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:58:08 +0200
Hello list ,

Currently we perform a full backup of some clients each month.
The retention policy is one year. We also clone those savesets.
Of course these clones have the same retention period.

Now company policy has changed a bit.
Only the clones for the last full backup have to be preserved. ( to save on
tapes ; "read money" )

I am able to extract the correct volume labels of the cloned volumes with the
mminfo command. (+pipe through 'sort',...)

But how can I adjust the flags to recyclable with the command line interface.
I don't want to do this manually ( +250 tapes ).

According information I also have to set the status of the 'originals' to
manual recycle at first , otherwise these savesets become also in a recyclable
status.

Any suggestions , thoughts , documentation , ... ?

Thx in advance ,

Kristof VdA
Belgium

Visit our website! http://www.nbb.be

"DISCLAIMER: The content of this e-mail message should not be constructed as
binding for the National Bank of Belgium (NBB) unless otherwise and previously
stated.
Besides, the opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the NBB, which is particularly the
case if the content of the present message, or part of it, is of a private
nature or does not come whithin the professional scope of the author."