Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with depositing tapes

2002-08-26 12:57:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with depositing tapes
From: Carl Farnsworth <carl.farnsworth AT DIGIDYNE DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:00:24 -0400
On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:43:59 -0700, Chad R. Larson <clarson AT ELDOCOMP DOT COM>
wrote:

>At 04:39 PM 8/22/02 , Stan Horwitz wrote:
>>I wonder if there's a bug in the "nsrjb -d" command. It sure seems like
>>there is, but I just wanted to confirm raise this possibility here. I do
>>plan to report this to Legato tomorrow, and I suspect that when I arrive
>>at work, two tapes will have failed to eject during tonight's backups.
>
>Another thing to check into is whether your library supports "element
>status", which is when the library tries to keep status of which slots are
>occupied (and their barcodes, if your library supports a barcode reader).
>
>For example, our ADIC Scalar can report all that information without moving
>the robot or reading any tapes.  An inventory of a 48 slot library
>literally takes seconds.
>
>If your library has element status, but has a defect, it might be lying to
>Networker.  Check the "nsrjb -HE" command.

Another thing to check is whether Element Status is enabled in your jukebox
config.  There was a bug first acknowledged in 6.1.1 release notes (p. 33)
where jbconfig might not detect this feature automatically from a jukebox.