Networker

[Networker] Unable to configure autochanger - jukebox

2002-08-22 11:26:41
Subject: [Networker] Unable to configure autochanger - jukebox
From: Dale Mayes <dmayes AT KIMBALL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:29:25 -0500
Hello all...a little help please...

Trying to set this server up as a storage node to a HP-UX based NetWorker
server running 6.1.2.

Configuration:

Compaq Proliant DL380
Adaptec 29160 LVD Ultra-SCSI
Win2K - SP3

ATL L200 Powerstore
LVD SCSI
8 slot autochanger
(1) DLT-8000

6.1.2 storage node software installed on Compaq DL380

Device manager list shows Adaptec card, medium changer (unknown type), and
DLT-8000 drive.
Using the registry editor I can see that the device address is [email protected]
for the L200 and 2.1.0 for the DLT-8000.

When I try sjiinq [email protected] I get:

SJIINQ: Resource device
Code: 0x29, Str=<Input/Output error>

Until sjiinq works there's no way jbconfig will work...and yes I've tried
jbconfig and it complains about the device driver.

This is our first attempt to use the 64-bit LVD Adaptec card.
We've had no issues with the 32-bit HVD Adaptec cards...but the servers
we're now ordering only have 1 32-bit slot and it's needed for a remote
management card.

I've tried the default MS driver, the Adaptec driver on the DVD and even
downloaded the latest driver from Adaptec's website...all with the same
results.

I'm trying to avoid the finger pointing exercise that will occur when I call
Legato and/or Adaptec and/or Microsoft support.

Any help...ideas...comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Dale