Networker

Re: [Networker] logging restores?

2002-08-21 21:04:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] logging restores?
From: pt_work <kizzmit66 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:07:42 -0400
NetWorker is pretty sparse in restore data.

Below are two unsophisticated options that I know of.

Option 1.  The recovery screen (and command line as well) does produce
output on each restore than can be captured manually.

Example Recovery Screen Output:
Recovering 3 files within /var/adm/ into /tmp

Volumes needed (all on-line):

full.021 at /dev/rmt/0cbn

Requesting 3 file(s), this may take a while...

Total estimated disk space needed for recover is 476 KB.
Option 2

The administrative GUI records session information that may also be
useful. The session lasts for as long as the GUI is up. Backup and restore
information is recorded here (number of sessions and amount of data).

I would imagine this info is also stored in nsr.res (gettable via
nsradmin) and/or one of the tmp files, but have not looked for or found it
yet myself.  Others on the list will probably have more input for you.

Good luck!
pt