Networker

[Networker] Satisfaction level in an all MS environment

2002-08-14 12:25:16
Subject: [Networker] Satisfaction level in an all MS environment
From: "Day, David" <david.day AT SOUS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:27:25 -0500
There is a need to standardize on backup software at our remote sites.  Most
are smaller shops with W2K file/print, MS Exchange 5.5 and MS SQL Server
2000.  My experience with Legato has been very good in our Solaris
environment, good with MS data files and poor with disaster recovery on NT
systems.

To date, I don't believe we have ever completely recovered an NT 4.0 or W2K
server that completely failed but have been able to recover all data once
the system was completely rebuilt manually.  This is even after working with
Legato tech support to verify our procedures.

I'm very interested in actual satisfaction from MS shops.

TIA
David