Networker

Re: [Networker] smartmedia+networker+scanner command

2002-08-10 09:09:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] smartmedia+networker+scanner command
From: k0s5 <k0s5 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:09:58 +0800
At 8/7/2002 11:39 AM, Emre PEKAR wrote:
Hi there,
Does anybody out there use NetWorker with SmartMedia?  I am having trouble
getting the scanner command
to work with smartmedia configuration.  Any info will be helpful...

cheers,

REP

hi,

Are you trying to perform disaster recovery?
if yes, i guess, create a standard jukebox (omit smartmedia)
and then mount the media and run scanner.
If your library support manual mount from library LCD panel,
then create a single device (the first tape drive)
and mount the media manually and run scanner.

If you just want to run scanner (not disaster recovery mode)
then I assume that you are able to mount the media through Networker jukebox
- mount the media from nwadmin
- set the idle timeout value in the jukebox config to 0 (never timeout)
- get the handle from smartmedia (run ov_stat -a)
- run scanner from console (scanner -t <tape_drive_type> <handle>)

note:
you can also mount the media from smartmedia with ov_mount

hope it help

cheers - han