Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula blocks Auto-clean function on Tape Library

2017-08-02 00:47:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula blocks Auto-clean function on Tape Library
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Jim Richardson <jim AT securit360 DOT com>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 06:46:21 +0200

Hello,

You have probably used the default definition for a Device which is setup for a tape drive. You didn't provide any information about your setup (such as bacula-sd.conf) so I cannot correctly answer.  However, I suspect that you have:

  AlwaysOpen = yes;

in your Device resource.  Changing that to:

 AlwaysOpen = no;

will probably solve your problem.  This does not unmount the tape though, it just frees it.  If you want to automatically unmount the drive, then there is an other directive that will permit you to do so.  I forget the exact name since I do not use it so I will let you read the manual.

Note: for a real tape library I do not recommend setting Always Open=no  as it will cause more wear on your tape drive.

Best regards,

Kern