Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] high priority job not running

2017-07-27 17:34:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] high priority job not running
From: scar <scar AT drigon DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 14:33:32 -0700
Hi all, we are using bacula 5.2.6. I have disk-based storage with 4 devices defined, and 20 max concurrent jobs for the storage demon. All the file demons also have 20 max concurrent jobs. In the director, it has 10 max concurrent jobs, the DefaultJob JobDefs is used for all jobs, which has Priority=10 and Allow Mixed Priority=yes. Thus all the scheduled backup jobs run with 10 priority. The current situation is that 4 jobs can be run at once, due to the storage device limitation. Now i have created a priority 1 restore job for one of our clients which needed a new OS disk, which i wanted to run immediately as soon as one of the current jobs finishes and frees up a storage device. However, this restore job was stuck "waiting for higher priority jobs to finish" even after one of the priority 10 jobs finished and only 3 of the 4 storage devices were used. In fact, this priority 1 restore job did not run until all 4 of the priority 10 jobs were finished or cancelled by me. I thought the Allow Mixed Priority=yes would allow for the restore job to run as soon as a storage device became available, but apparently I am missing something and it has caused me to cancel some backup jobs that were running for some days, so now am behind schedule. Can you let me know what may have been overlooked, and how i could have run a priority 1 restore job immediately?
Thanks