Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Proper way to install bacula-fd to a FreeBSD?

2017-06-25 15:05:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Proper way to install bacula-fd to a FreeBSD?
From: Ian Douglas <ian AT zti.co DOT za>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 21:04:23 +0200
On Saturday 24 June 2017 14:19:13 Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> I'm a Linux veteran but now having one FreeBSD instance too.
>
> What is the proper way to install an bacula-fd into this. # pkg install
> bacula-fd or bacula-client did not work.

FWIW when I was in a similar situation trying to get bacula-fd to work on
FreeNas (also BSD-based) I was recommended to mount the drive I wanted to
backup locally, and simply run bacula-fd on the Linux box.

It works. (at the expense of extra network traffic)

My issue was more to do with version mismatches than getting it to work but I
guess same solution could apply.

Cheers, Ian
--
ian AT zti.co DOT za http://www.zti.co.za