Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Optimize Mysql

2017-06-01 10:07:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Optimize Mysql
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:06:43 +0200
On Thursday 2017-06-01 15:49:03 Petar Kozić wrote:
> Yes, how to use ?

If you have a time window when no backup is performed I suggest
you run it during that time.
As a precaution I also like to stop the bacula-sd and bacula-dir
every time I do manual modifications on the database or on the
volumes.

It can be run like this: dbcheck -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf

In this case the tool will read the database connection parameters
from the bacula-dir config file.

For more info use "dbcheck -?" or check the excellent Bacula
documentation.

Dbcheck has an interactive interface and it is used by default.
It has an option to actually modify the database and it is
not turned on by default. Make sure to turn it on if you
want to actually do the modifications to the database.

Some of the available options in the menu will offer you
to temporary create indexes. It can greatly reduce the time
so I suggest that you use it. Otherwise it could take more
than a day to go through it (depending on the amount of the
data in the database).

If you chose to use temporary indexes (I suggest that you do)
your file system containing the database files might need
the additional free space up to the space which is already
occupied by the database files.

Make sure that you have enough space on the file system
used by the database files otherwise you will fail to
successfully use the dbcheck tool with temporary indexes.

--
Josip Deanovic