Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Block-level Deduplication with Aligned Volumes Tutorial (Bacula 7.9 – 9.0 and above)

2017-06-01 07:51:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Block-level Deduplication with Aligned Volumes Tutorial (Bacula 7.9 – 9.0 and above)
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 08:50:11 -0300 (BRT)
Hello, Dan,

Thanks for the feedback.
Most of the post seems to deal with ddumbfs.  Why not leave that out entirely?
Just to confirm, you are aware that default Bacula Volumes are basically not deduplicable, right? The main point is the new Aligned volumes feature.
Ddumbfs FS was the one I had time to test for this laboratory. But of course, there are other options. I will try to do the same with ZFS.
If we are not using ddumbfs, it sounds like the only requirements are:

Perhaps a ZFS-only post is worthwhile?
Sure.
If I use ZFS, what filesystem attributes are required?
Hopefully we are going to find out. =)
--
Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon
dan AT langille DOT org