Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Install Ubuntu 16.04

2017-05-31 12:45:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Install Ubuntu 16.04
From: compdoc <compdoc AT hotrodpc DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 10:11:11 -0600
On 05/31/2017 09:42 AM, Brian Blater wrote:
This is an area where I need help. Lots of configuration files in this directory and coming from a corporate world using netbackup or symantec I'm a little confused.

You dont have to mess with the files in /etc/bacula/scripts/, except if you need to run any of those. Only the .conf files in /etc/bacula/.

There are lots of tutorials online. Many of which are from the bacula people, and others from individuals.

I see bacula as a kind of programming language for backups, but you dont have to start from scratch. Just take examples and modify them to suit.

Like programming, it takes lots of reading and experimenting with the options to understand how, or which work best for you.

You're right - not much like symantec-type backup programs. But extremely reliable and customizable, and very good support. Free or paid.