Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula-dir permanent connect to database (version 7.4.3)

2017-05-17 08:46:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir permanent connect to database (version 7.4.3)
From: Andrey Mursenkov <a.mursenkov AT voskhod DOT ru>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 15:32:43 +0300
Hello,

what connection type does bacula-dir use while connecting to database,
permanent or not?

If bacula-dir uses permanent connection does it support reconnect?

Here what I can see:

When I launch bacula-console and run job manually, bacula-dir
establishes network connection to database and keep it till I close
bacula-console. If some network error occurs during this session any
sequential job commands fails dew to database unavailability.

I was trying to open a bug (http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=2283) but
it was closed. It seems to me that bacula-dir indeed uses permanent
connections. I think there may be some misunderstanding on my side.
Please explain.

Debain 8, Bacula 7.4.3.

--

Mursenkov Andrey