Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Issues with IBM Labels

2017-05-05 05:00:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Issues with IBM Labels
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Ralf Brinkmann <ralf.brinkmann AT wemhoener DOT de>, Jim Richardson <jim AT securit360 DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 10:59:24 +0200
I already wrote this previously: the error message produced by Bacula
indicates that the user has enabled ANSI volume labels. This is unusual
and generally not needed unless you have multiple different backup/other
programs using the tapes.  In any case, if you explicitly enable this
ANSI tape label option in Bacula (turned off by default), you are
limited to 6 characters in the tape name.   Without the ANSI tape label
option in the bacula-sd.conf file, your tape labels may be up to 127
characters in length.

As I previously wrote, I think that the user is confusing barcodes and
reading barcodes with the ANSI tape labels feature in Bacula.

Best regards,

Kern