Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] SD cannot connect to FD

2017-05-02 15:09:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] SD cannot connect to FD
From: Jim Richardson <jim AT securit360 DOT com>
To: Tom Plancon <tplancon AT bkaarchs DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 19:08:50 +0000

Tom try the following

Can the console connect to the client?

# bconsole

status

3 for client

your client number

Does gannet resolve on the client?

The bacula-dir.conf storage resource address must resolve to the same IP that your bacula-sd daemon is bound to.

Has the FD bound to the 9102 port?

netstat -na | grep 9102 && netstat -na | grep bacula-fd

You will see something like 0.0.0.0:9102 or 0.0.0.0:bacula-fd

Do you have a firewall issue?

iptables -L

iptables -L | grep 9102 && iptables -L | grep bacula-fd

cat /etc/bacula/bacula-sd

I am only interested in the top “Storage” section specifically if you have and Address value.  If you don’t Bacula will bind to 0.0.0.0 if you do it will bind to that address only

Can you telnet from the client to the IP/Port of the fd?

Can you do it by name telnet gannet 9102 ?

Let me know how that works out.

Jim Richardson