Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Recreate boostrap files for jobs from the output of `bls -j`

2017-03-24 10:36:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Recreate boostrap files for jobs from the output of `bls -j`
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 15:35:04 +0100
Hello,

That is good to know.

You probably already know two things, but I mention them for those who
do not know:

1. There is a chapter (or at least a section) in the main manual on how
to create bootstrap files from Job output.

2. Bacula 7.4.4 or any other Bacula is perfectly capable of reading
tapes written by Bacula's much older than yours, so I do not understand
why you feel obliged to remain on Bacula 5.2.6. Of course, upgrading
from Bacula 5.2.6 to Bacula 7.4.7 is a fairly time consuming task.

Best regards,

Kern