Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Urgent Restore

2017-03-23 04:46:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Urgent Restore
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Lourik Malan <lourik AT cet.co DOT za>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 09:45:43 +0100

Hello,

Bacula will not use an incomplete or failed backup when you ask it to restore the latest full backup (Full + Diff + incremental), but it will allow you to specify either a single or a list of JobIds to restore.  So if you do a restore on a single JobId even though the job failed in some way, Bacula *should* attempt to restore either everything or what you select in that backup.  Depending on exactly how the job failed and your config, Bacula may not have individual file records for that JobId, and in that case, it will ask you if you want to restore everything.

The other approach is to use bextract.  The manual shows you how to build a bsr file for a given Job provided you have the Job output log.  Using a bsr is usually the simplest way to extract files.  Otherwise look at the bextract documentation as there are lots of arguments and filters -- many can be used in a bsr file.

Best regards,

Kern